EOS imaging announces record 6 installations in the US in last month

PARIS–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Regulatory News:

EOS imaging (Paris:EOSI) (Euronext, FR0011191766 – EOSI), the pioneer in 2D/3D orthopedic medical imaging, announced today its commercial and organizational expansion to support the momentum of installations in adult and pediatric hospitals in the United States.

EOS imaging’s technical support team, reinforced and led by a newly appointed manager, will focus on supporting the existing 47 EOS® systems in the US market as well as the upcoming and 2016 new installations.

The six last installations bring the US installed base to 47, with 7 additional platforms shipped and pending installation.

Centers that focus exclusively on pediatrics make up 60% of the current installed base and include 9 of the top 10 pediatric hospitals. The remaining 40% are in hospitals focusing on the adult population including 4 of the top 10 hospitals for adult orthopedics. EOS® systems are installed in hospitals of all sizes including those with 300 beds or less which currently represent 35% of the EOS® installations. There is also momentum to acquire additional systems, as was the case at 6 US hospitals already, to broaden EOS® usage and turn it into internal orthopedic imaging standards across all departments and sites.

Marie Meynadier, CEO of EOS imaging said, “The record number of installations was made possible thanks to the organizational investments we have made to support the strong momentum in the United States. The extreme reduction of irradiation with the EOS® Micro Dose option is a must have in pediatric orthopedic imaging. The dose reduction and the launch of EOSapps for examination and surgical planning also reinforce EOS® as a standard of care for adult orthopedic imaging. We look forward to rapidly growing our customer base and increasing the sites with multiple systems as the value of our solution is recognized.”

The EOS® platform provides 2D and 3D full-body, stereo-radiographic images of patients in functional positions. EOS exams require a radiation dose 50% to 85% less than Digital Radiology and 95% less than basic CT scans. The new EOS® Micro Dose system, recently cleared by the Food and Drug Administration, marks another important step towards the ALARA principle (As Low As Reasonably Available). This latest technology has made the dose for a pediatric spine follow-up exam equivalent to a week of natural background radiation on Earth.

For more information, please visit

EOS imaging has been chosen to be included in the new EnterNext© PEA-PME 150 index, composed of 150 French companies and listed on Euronext and Alternext markets in Paris.

EOS imaging is listed on Compartment C of Euronext Paris
ISIN: FR0011191766 – Ticker: EOSI

About EOS imaging

EOS imaging designs, develops, and markets EOS®, an innovative medical imaging system dedicated to osteoarticular pathologies and orthopaedics, as well as associated solutions. The Company is authorized to market in 48 countries, including the United States (FDA), Japan and the European Union (EC). The Group posted 2014 revenues of €20.1 million and employs 107 people including an R&D team of 39 engineers. The Group is based in Paris and has five subsidiaries in Besançon (France), Cambridge (Massachusetts), Montreal (Canada), Frankfurt (Germany) and Singapore.

Related Articles

Back to top button