COVID-19Hospitals

Man dies, wife in critical care after ingesting chloroquine for COVID-19

March 23, 2020 / Modern Healthcare

Healthcare providers are warning their communities not to self-medicate in an attempt to prevent or treat coronavirus, after a man died after ingesting an inappropriate household product.

The man and his wife were admitted to a Banner Health hospital after ingesting chloroquine phosphate, which is typically used to clean fish tanks. The wife is in critical condition.

Chloroquine is an antimalarial drug that the Trump administration suggested may be able to treat coronavirus. However, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved it for that purpose.

READ THE REST HERE

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Tags

Chris J. Stewart

Chris currently serves as Chief Executive Officer of Surgio Health as well as Chief Operating Officer at Ortho Spine Partners. Prior to that, he was the assistant vice president and business unit leader of Medical Device Management for HealthTrust Purchasing Group (HPG).

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button
Close