Kalamazoo, Michigan, April 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Stryker (NYSE:SYK) reported operating results for the first quarter of 2021:
The response to the COVID-19 pandemic has included measures to slow the spread of the virus taken by governments and health care authorities globally, including the postponement of elective medical procedures and social contact restrictions. While there is starting to be some recovery in certain geographies, there continues to be a negative impact on our operations and financial results.
First Quarter Results
- Reported net sales increased 10.2% from 2020 and 12.4% from 2019 to $4.0 billion
- Organic net sales increased 1.8% from 2020 and 4.7% from 2019
- Reported operating income margin of 11.6%
- Adjusted operating income margin(1) contracted 50 bps to 23.5%
- Reported EPS decreased 39.2% to $0.79
- Adjusted EPS(1) increased 4.9% to $1.93
In addition to sales growth analysis versus 2020, we are including sales growth versus 2019 as 2019 provides a more normal baseline for comparison given the variability caused by the COVID-19 pandemic throughout 2020.