Noblesville, IN March 18, 2022 / OrthoSpineNews / – Nexxt Spine, LLC, a leader in 3D Printed Porous Titanium spinal implants, is a medical device company that designs, develops, manufactures and markets products for the surgical treatment of spinal disorders. They have begun a full market launch of a truly novel stand-alone ALIF system for the stabilization of the spine. This system, according to Nexxt Spine, will make it easier to adapt to a patient’s anatomy and the surgeon’s requirements.
To begin with, explains Nexxt Spine president Andy Elsbury, “NEXXT MATRIXX® Stand Alone ALIF has the ability to fuse as opposed to just being a support structure. The system is available in 2mm height increments from 10mm-20mm and footprints of 24Dx32W, 27Dx36W, 30Dx40W to precisely fit each patient, which has surgeons excited.”
“We designed the NEXXT MATRIXX® Stand Alone ALIF system to give surgeon users several distinct benefits for the unique challenges associated with stand-alone ALIF procedures, which sets this system apart from traditional stand-alone ALIF systems.”
According to the company, The NEXXT MATRIXX® Stand Alone ALIF Interbody devices possess:
- Anatomically matched profile designed to provide appropriate endplate coverage and placement on apophyseal rim for stability.
- Ample graft window balanced with lattice landscape designed to create environment for bone growth and is based on published data.
- Multiple lordotic options to restore or maintain spinopelvic parameters and lordosis
- 8°, 14°, 20° standard in the set
- 25° provided upon request
- Integrated one-step turn lock feature to prevent screw backout.
- Instrumentation designed to allow for placement of the cage from three (3) distinct approach angles:
- Straight Inserter for traditional placement of the interbody
- Cranial/Caudal Angled Inserter (15°) where the iliac crest or ribs prohibit straight insertion of the interbody
- Oblique Inserter for approaches anterior to the psoas (20°)
NEXXT MATRIXX®, of course, is manufactured using the NEXXT Spine’s proprietary technology of intentionally engineered 3D laser printed titanium devices which utilizes the 5 Core Pillars for a successful fusion:
- Varying pore sizes of 300µm, 500µm, and 700µm to support vascularization and osteogenesis.
- A 75% open porous structure to increase surface area for nutrient exchange and potential volume for boney in-growth.
- A 7µm micro-roughened surface to increase osteoblast differentiation, production of angiogenic factors, and surface osteointegration.
- An integral modulus of elasticity engineered to be comparable to PEEK devices leading to a more physiological product.
- 700 µm A/P and lateral lattice geometry to provide robust, unimpeded radiographic imaging by reducing overall titanium material and device density.
Visit https://nexxtspine.com/products/matrixx-family/stand-alone-alif/ to learn more!