March 21, 2022
GAINESVILLE, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Exactech, a developer and producer of innovative implants, instrumentation, and smart technologies for joint replacement surgery, announced today the new product innovations and Active Intelligence® technologies to be showcased at the company’s educational exhibit, Booth #3014, at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) 2022 Annual Meeting, March 22-26, in Chicago, Il. Surgeon attendees will be able to experience all the innovations through product demonstrations and an immersive experience in the technology suite.
“We are pleased to showcase an exciting array of transformative products and technologies this year,” said Exactech President and CEO Darin Johnson. “With our newest products and smart solutions, Exactech is continuing to advance orthopaedics with a rich portfolio of technologies that are designed to help improve patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care.”
Key highlights include:
- Equinoxe® Planning App (v. 2.0), including the recently 510(k)-cleared humeral preoperative planning feature, which helps augment a surgeon’s decision-making on the humeral side of the joint, and assess range of motion and impingement
- Newton™ Knee, a dynamic platform of cutting-edge technology with forward-thinking implants designed to provide optimal balance in a reproducible way
- exacCoach™, a new patient text messaging service that helps surgeons connect with patients before surgery through rehabilitation
- Spartan Hip Stem, a next-generation, direct anterior hybrid stem, and Logical Cup, a comprehensive hip cup and liner platform system
- The Vantage® Ankle PSI 3D-printed tibia and talar cutting guides, designed for patients’ unique anatomies and allowing surgeons to pre-plan their cases
- ExactechGPS® navigation for knee and shoulder arthroplasty, delivering reproducibility through real-time intraoperative instrument guidance1-4
- Predict+®, a clinical decision support tool that uses machine learning to provide predictions of individual patient outcomes after shoulder replacement surgery
- Exactech’s Chime mobile application for clinical exchange between surgeons around the world
- VERASENSE™ wireless humeral load sensor, which helps shoulder surgeons make informed decisions on load magnitude and center of load location in real time
Visit www.exac.com/Academy for more product information.
Exactech is a global medical device company that develops and markets orthopaedic implant devices, related surgical instruments and the Active Intelligence® platform of smart technologies to hospitals and physicians. Headquartered in Gainesville, Fla., Exactech markets its products in the United States, in addition to more than 30 markets in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Visit www.exac.com for more information and connect with us on LinkedIn, Vumedi, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter.
1Angibaud, LD et al. Evaluation of the Accuracy and Precision of a Next Generation Computer-Assisted Surgical System. Clin Orthop Surg. 2015.*
2Cip J et al. Conventional versus computer-assisted technique for computer-assisted technique for total knee arthroplasty: a minimum of 5-year follow-up of 200 patients in a prospective randomized comparative trial. J Arthroplasty. 2014 Sept.
3Alexander T. Greene, Matthew A. Hamilton, PhD, Sandrine V. Polakovic, Nicole J. Mohajer, Ari R. Youderian, MD, Thomas W. Wright, MD, Ira M. Parsons, MD; Paul D. Saadi, MD, Emilie V. Cheung, MD, Richard B. Jones, MD. Navigated vs. non-navigated results of a CT based computer assisted shoulder arthroplasty system in 30 cadavers. Presented at ISTA 2018.*
4Piyush S. Nashikkar, MS, DNB, Corey J. Scholes, PhD, Mark D. Haber, FRACS. Computer navigation re-creates planned glenoid placement and reduces correction variability in total shoulder arthroplasty: an in vivo case-control study. Article in Press. J Shoulder Elbow Surg (2019) -, 1–12.
* In vitro (bench) test results may not necessarily be indicative of clinical performance.
Spartan Hip Stem and Logical Cup are manufactured by Signature Orthopaedics and distributed by Exactech, Inc. The Vantage Ankle PSI is manufactured by 3D Systems, Inc., and distributed in the U.S. only by Exactech, Inc. ExactechGPS, Equinoxe Planning App and Predict+ are developed by Blue Ortho, an Exactech subsidiary, and distributed by Exactech, Inc. VERASENSE is manufactured by OrthoSensor and distributed by Exactech, Inc.
Courtney Adkins, Marketing Communications Sr. Manager