Studies highlight solutions for shoulder and knee joint replacement surgery
GAINESVILLE, FL., February 21, 2023 — (BUSINESS WIRE)–Exactech, a developer and producer of innovative implants, instrumentation and smart technologies for joint replacement surgery, announced that 12 studies containing newly discovered scientific and clinical data on the company’s knee and shoulder replacement solutions were presented at the 2023 Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) annual meeting, on Feb. 10-14 in Dallas, Texas.
The shoulder arthroplasty-focused studies cover multiple topics such as aTSA and rTSA long-term clinical outcomes, a longitudinal analysis of cost, utilization, and technology adoption, an outcome comparison achieved with Exactech’s different glenoid designs, an analysis of reasons for revision from multiple government registries demonstrating a significantly lower device-related revision rate with the Equinoxe® system when compared to other shoulder prostheses, and an invited talk by the Orthopedic Implant Research Section regarding an accuracy and fairness evaluation of machine learning-based clinical outcomes predictions in shoulder arthroplasty.
“Exactech is leading the way with significant investments in clinical research and new product development of value-creating technology and innovative solutions associated with improved performance and clinical outcomes,” said Exactech’s Senior Vice President of Extremities Chris Roche. “These new shoulder arthroplasty studies presented at ORS highlight numerous meaningful findings and positive long-term clinical experience achieved with the Equinoxe platform shoulder.”
Regarding the knee-focused studies, the correlation between laxity curves and tibial insert thickness as well as the ability to achieve gap balancing are among the topics presented.
“The knee studies demonstrate the unique ability of Newton™ when combined with ExactechGPS® to collect soft tissue analytics throughout the arc of motion leveraging our wireless intra-articular tensioning technology,” said Exactech’s Vice President of Development and Advanced Surgical Technologies Laurent Angibaud. “Such advanced acquisitions allow for personalized femoral planning based on soft tissue, alignment and sizing considerations, and can be reproducibly executed by the ExactechGPS platform. The real-time processing of these analytics translates into an opportunity to provide augmented guidance to knee surgeons.”
Read more about the research presented by Exactech at this year’s ORS meeting below:
- Ability To Achieve Gap Balancing With Instrumented Navigated Total Knee Arthroplasty -A Review Of The First 273 Cases
- Building Surgeon-specific Predictive Models Of Tibial Insert Thickness Using Knee Joint Laxity Signature
- Improved Mediolateral Gap Balance Achievement With Instrumented Navigated Total Knee
- Reliability Of Laxity Acquisitions During Navigated Total Knee Arthroplasty – Comparison Of Two Techniques
- Longitudinal Analysis Of Shoulder Arthroplasty Clinical Outcomes And Value: A Comparative Assessment Of Changes In Improvement Over 15 Years
- Is A Lateralized Humeral Reverse Total Shoulder Prosthesis Equally Effective In Treating Patients Of Shorter Height: A Comparison Of Patients Of Short And Average Height At Short And Long-term Follow-up
- Initial Clinical Results Of A Small, Curved-back Oval Baseplate In Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Clinical And Radiographic Outcomes Of Three Different Glenoid Designs With Anatomic Total Shoulder Arthroplasty At Short-term, Mid-term, And Long-term Follow-up
- Comparison Of Survivorship & Failure Modes Between Anatomic And Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Across Multiple Government Joint Registries For A Single Platform Shoulder System
- Assessment Of Deltoid Muscle Volume And Fatty Infiltration On Clinical Outcomes After Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Impact Of Accumulating Risk Factors On The Acromial And Scapular Fracture Rate After Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Extreme Bending Fatigue Testing of a New Hybrid Anatomic Glenoid Implant
Exactech is a global medical device company that develops and markets orthopaedic implant devices, related surgical instruments and the Active Intelligence® platform of smart technologies to hospitals and physicians. Headquartered in Gainesville, Fla., Exactech markets its products in the United States, in addition to more than 30 markets in Europe, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Visit www.exac.com for more information and connect with us on LinkedIn, VuMedi, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram.
Marketing Communications Director