DALLAS, Oct. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Pinnacle Spine Group, LLC, a developer of innovative spinal fusion solutions engineered to deliver optimal bone graft volume and graft-to-endplate contact, today announced the launch of its InFill® V2 Lateral Interbody Device. The innovative InFill V2 Lateral Interbody Fusion device features a larger, single graft chamber and a large load-bearing surface area, which helps restore and maintain disc height and facilitates the formation of a robust fusion column.
The V2 Lateral implants, the most recent update to Pinnacle’s patented flagship line of InFill Interbody Fusion Systems, features an expanded size matrix and wide range of lordotic options.
“Science has shown that in many unilateral posterior lumbar interbody fusion procedures, less than 50 percent of the disc area is actually grafted,” said Zach Sowell, President of Pinnacle Spine Group. “Creating a greater opportunity to fill the biologic void is exactly why we developed the only patented Interbody Fusion System designed to deliver optimized graft-to-endplate contact. We are excited to add the V2 Lateral device to our growing line of patented fusion systems.”
Features of the V2 Lateral device include:
- Unique access port to secure the implant to the inserter, ensuring controlled device placement and allowing in situ delivery of optimal bone graft volume
- A larger graft chamber to allow greater volume of bone graft material, promoting a more robust fusion column
- A larger load-bearing surface area to help maintain disc height and reduce chances of subsidence
- Bulleted nose to ease insertion and ensure precise placement for challenging disc conditions
- Implant size matrix to address unique patient anatomy with lengths ranging from 30mm to 60mm, heights ranging from 8mm to 14mm, widths of 18mm, 21mm and 24mm, and lordotic angles of 0°, 7°, 10° and 13°
- Comprehensive instrumentation, including angled instruments and a variety of handles
- Multiple retractor options
Pinnacle Spine Group has pioneered the novel concept for filling the biologic void by placing bone graft material into an implanted device in situ for optimal bone graft volume and contact with vertebral endplates – a critical element for a successful spine fusion outcome.
Pinnacle Spine’s InFill Fusion Systems include a full line of innovative interbody fusion devices engineered for easier insertion, reduced subsidence through maximum contact with the apophyseal ring, a generous bone grafting chamber and compatibility with the InFill® Graft Delivery System. The backbone of the technology is based on controlled and precise in situ placement of bone graft material.
Pinnacle recently announced its first international patent, a Chinese patent, which followed receipt of three U.S. patents on the InFill Fusion System. For more information on Pinnacle Spine Group’s unparalleled innovation, please visit PinnacleSpineGroup.com.
About Pinnacle Spine Group, LLC
Pinnacle Spine Group was founded with the focused goal of developing innovative medical devices, conceived in the operating room, for surgical procedures of the spine. The objective for every device and instrument we develop is a better outcome for the patient, and a better experience for the surgeon and operating room staff. Backed by the pioneering private equity firm Sowell & Co., Pinnacle is dedicated to developing advanced technologies that offer greater opportunities for positive patient outcomes. The team applies innovative thinking to deliver implants and instrumentation that simplify and enhance the surgical procedure.
SOURCE Pinnacle Spine Group, LLC